1.3
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I just received notice that on my credit report there is a charge off from Charter Communications through a company called Diversified Consultants. I have not had any dealings with this company for about 5 years.

I had cancelled service through them after it took 5 days and multiple phone calls to get a repairman out to switch out my router. The guy even stated he'd probably have to come back out soon as he was just replacing it with another router he just picked up from another location. I told him to just take it all back, called the company and cancelled my service. I made sure my final bill was paid in full.

I have not heard anything from this company until now. Also I called Diversified Consultants and they would not even give me information on their company when asked.

Product or Service Mentioned: Charter Communications Account.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I liked: And will never use this company.

I didn't like: Overbilling, Delay in service, Delay in repairs, Do not care about consumers.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 19, 2017.

Comments

The $272 amount sounds like the cost of DVR tuner or other equipment, not for services. If the employee gave you an itemized receipt you can contest the charge.

However if you just handed gear back to the repair tech and told him to screw, he probably didn't log the items back into the system. Locate that receipt, and you may be able to get this taken off the records.

h.kitchener

Obviously, Charter thinks you owe them for something and because it hasn't been paid in years, they just sold the debt to a collection company. It sounds like they reviewed some of their old unpaid accounts and found yours and just sent it for collection.

At this point, any money you were to pay the collection agency would go direct to them, not charter as charter sold it to the collection agency. I would just ignore any and all communication from the collection agency, but if you want you could demand a written itemization of what they claim you owe the money for. Typically, an honest person would get so tired of the calls and letters demanding the money that they would just pay it just to make it go away. That's a big mistake, however if you really don't owe the money---and after all this time of inaction on the part of charter, I suspect you don't.

However, the choice is yours. Any effect on your credit score, etc.

if you don't pay it will be minimal so you can safely tell them where to go, etc. And, try not to let it upset you.