Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have had Charter Communications since August of 2017. This has been the most horrendous experience I have EVER had with a company.

It has been a literal nightmare from the beginning. I was deceived into getting home phone service by being told it would be "thrown in" with my monthly price which would be good for three years. The internet speeds have never been as advertised. This has been checked and verified with a ISP speed test.

I live in an older home and have a limited number of receptacles and for some odd reason I only am allowed to use the one active cable line in my living room because the lines in other parts of the home are not " Working lines" I was told that I had to keep it in my living room because it would cost me for them to come out and activate the lines. Why was this not done during initial setup? This prevents me from using my air conditioner in the living room during this very hot -then cold-then hot again spring here in the south. What am I now paying 121 a month for really(they just increased it from 110 a month, even though my price is supposed to be good for 3 years???????) ?

Every time I contact customer service to resolve issues they are very unprofessional and argumentative. They have never heard the golden rule that the customer is always right! Because their customer relations seriously need some work. I am not sure how this company is still the big monopoly around my area.

Or how they are still in business! But I'm so down for a class action lawsuit because this company just spells DECEPTION and I'm tired of them taking my hard earned money and me getting in return.

Product or Service Mentioned: Charter Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 08.

Comments

h.kitchener

Here's a hint: drop the cable and phone portion of your charter service and just keep the internet. Then, buy a cheap antenna for your telly to get over the air broadcasting.

Then get a Roku for a hundred dollars and use it in conjunction with your internet service to watch tons of channels. You might want to subscribe to Netflix streaming for $10 or so a month or Amazon Prime or Acorn, or who knows what?

Paying for cable and all those channels you never use is a waste of money. By the way, you do know that if/when the cable goes out, so does your phone?

EatableFox
to h.kitchener #1459779

Well it goes out everyday. That is a great idea but there is one shoe I can't watch live on Netflix and that is the walking dead.

I jiat wish they would at least try and do right by their customers. That would be great

to EatableFox #1460393

Your situation sounds similar to ours. We had old RG59 cable mixed in with newer RG6.

To the untrained eye the two cable types look the same, but RG59 won't carry today's higher frequencies, and it won't get you the IP address you need to carry cable telephone, Internet etc.Since I was getting the runaround from charter (before the SpeckedCum days), I just bought RG6 in bulk and pulled all new wires. Though the cable company may do this for you, they won't do wall fishing without extra charges, and you may or may not get a good technician.And I'm the last to defend charter SpeckedCum, but no one gets a solid linear discount for a full three years. This is fairly well-publicized. Your rate goes up the second and third year, then to full price thereafter.

I agree it's a bad business model, but you have to decide yourself what TV etc. are worth.

In this household we tired of paying $187 every month, so we now get 46 TV channels by antenna, and cellular home phone for $16.50 per month. charter SpeckedCum took too much money from us for too long, and all cable programming gets is worse!