CHARTER IS A BAD COMPANY- DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!!!

My husband and I have a winter home in FL. Each fall when we leave Michigan we call Charter Communications and put our services on “seasonal” until we return. We have been their clients since they started doing business in MI- 14 years or so. There are frequent technical issues with them.

Because my husband is dying, I put Charter on autopay, using a credit card. I have been preoccupied with his care and didn’t check the amount Charter was billing each month. MY BAD. They had been billing us for the full amount. On March 6 I called them and asked for a refund. They said I never called this year and that they have a “totally automated” phone system which is NEVER wrong, and they wouldn’t refund our money. They said (and this is close to a quote), “we would be giving up almost a thousand dollars of profit for our company!!! It’s not gonna happen”. SERIOUSLY- this is what they told me! I asked them to check their fail-safe system to see if there had been any usage of the services in the past 4 months- they said it didn’t matter.

THIS FROM A COMPANY WHO WENT BANKRUPT AND HAD 40% OF THEIR DEBT FORGIVEN!!!!!!!

Fast forward to this morning when a Sales Rep for the co. called and tried to sell us services. HA! I asked the sales rep to look in the file and see if there was any record of our conversation in March. He said there was; the person who took the call in March said, in the file, “I could sense her frustration but in good faith (GOOD FAITH??? REALLY???) couldn’t refund the charges.

Had an Experience with Charter Communications?

Comments

Houston, Texas, United States #658892

Sales girl for Charter was selling door to door in my neighborhood.I invited her in, my wife wasn't home and offered her a beer.

We were going over sales brochure and she said she had had a long day .I started massaging her back and the next thing I knew we were "making out" on the couch. We ended up in the bedroom at which time my wife came home and caught us in bed.

She screamed and called the Charter girl a S----t.She got dressed real fast and left.I left the house to get away from my screaming wife 15 minutes later and saw the Charter Salesgirl going door to door Selling like nothing had happened on the next block!