189 views

When I agreed to have Charter's all in one package the cable package was $60, internet and phone $29.99 each guaranteed for 12 months. Within 5 months the cable package has increased by $2.00.

I just chatted with customer service and was told that the tier price had increased and that the notice was included in my September and October billing statement. I explained repeatedly that the price was supposed to be guaranteed for 12 months. Enough!!

I told them to schedule a time to come and remove their equipment from my house. Do not trust them no matter what they guarantee you!

!

Product or Service Mentioned: Charter Communications Internet Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: charge the price that I was guaranteed when it wass installed.

Charter Communications Cons: Integrity.

Location: Lyman, South Carolina

Comments

The tier package increased by $2.00 that is not part of the promotional charges.

charter,com is now famous for junk fees such as $5 for network TV surcharge, and if you had TV you are required to have a converter box -- $6.99 for each TV hooked up. Neither is stated in the price promotions.

Both sneaky charges are why our household is back on rooftop antenna. Whenever possible, I suggest bringing your converters and modems back to the charter store.

Insist on a receipt and make sure all equipment is in the list. Lately if they come out to the house, the business office finds ways to add $39 for a service call.

Charter has some serious problems, eg., new email service in addition to some apparent financial problems. Their cable internet is good in most locations, but there really is no need to pay for their TV and/or phone service.

You can stream any TV or movie you want directly to your telly via Roku, Netflix, etc.

and having their VOIP phone service will come back to *** you when the internet goes down. Keep your cell phone instead.

Charter Communications Reviews