I have NEVER been more harassed by SPAM telemarketing/calling in my life than from Charter Communications...and they already have my business! It's unbelievable to me how many times they call per week (average of 8 times), never leaving a message, and they only call to "promote an upgrade of my services" every time.

They continue to call even after I have asked them multiple times to STOP calling me and that I don't want to upgrade, period. They literally take telemarketing spam to a whole new level. All 7 of their numbers that they have tried calling me on (including "UNKNOWN"/blocked numbers), I have saved to my phone as "Charter Spam" so I know it's them calling me and don't pick up. Only problem is, if you don't pick up with one number, they'll continue to call you but from their other 100 numbers.

So annoying, so unprofessional, frustrating, and I ABSOLUTELY suggest not getting this company for your services.

Just to top it off, having Charter is the most expensive internet I've ever had to pay per month (only internet is $50/month, not including installation fees etc.). But I would pay that amount without any complaining if I didn't have to get at least 6-9 calls a week from their spam telemarketers!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Charter Communications Installation.

Comments

Just do like I did. email Tom Rutledge, Charter CEO, directly at Tom.Rutledge@chartercom.com. Or, I'd be happy to give you his home phone number.

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States #886143

I don't even have their services yet and I have received NINETEEN calls in 10 days. NINETEEN!

And, those are only the ones I haven't answered!

I called them on October 12th to have internet installed. The installation is scheduled for October 21st. They have called NINETEEN times since I called for an appointment.

Oh, look at that, it hasn't been NINETEEN calls in 10 days, it's been NINETEEN calls in FIVE days!!!!

Good news, I'm gonna F that company up by Unionizing their workers!!!!

(nineteen Fing phone calls!!!) Who does that????

I have called them back 7 times to complain....I have 12 more calls to make before I cancel the installation. We'll see how those *** like NINETEEN calls in 5 days!!!!

to 1HotTea #1041707

You are thee most immature person on this planet. Unionizing the workers?

Thanks but my job, calling *** like you everyday, is how my child gets fed everyday.

Before just freaking out on telemarketers and hanging up, FIRST ask to be on the Do not call list... that *** simple and within 30 days, we wont have to call you.

to Anonymous #1620589

Like that works, they just give your info to the other losers that can’t find a legitimate job

Same here, and it's only getting worse. Told them multiple times that no I don't want to upgrade, and usually they just say thanks and end the call.

Today I had some guy guilt trip me multiple times, after saying now and explaining I am a single college student and I don't have time to spend an upwards of $150 on tv and cable, he got hostile and asked when I'd like an installer to come by so he can put in a new box.

They handle their company terribly.

#832050

THEY WILL NOT SOP CALLING ME ! I HAVE TOLD THEM SEVERAL TIMES TO DELET MY NUMBER TO STOP CALLING, I HAVE EVEN COME AS FAR AS CURSING THEM OUT, AND ALL THEY EVER SAY IS OK SORRY WE WILL PLACE YOUR NUMBER ON A DO NOT CALL LIST BUT ITS BEEN MONTHS AND THYE ARE STILL CALLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WORST WORST WORST COMPANY EVER.

Same here. We had to setup Charter for work, and they now call me frequently, doing the same as the original post.

I've just used their site "privacy policy" link to remove my number from their list--we'll see if it works in 30 days like it should.

I agree that this company policy of harassment is unacceptable. I will NEVER EVER use Charter, and I will go out of my way to strongly recommend to all my family and friends that they avoid Charter as well.

Portage, Michigan, United States #677261

I have the exact same issue. They call about five times a week and sometimes they catch me off guard. I am going to call them now and tell them that if they continue to call I am cancelling my service.

you need to go to the charter website and go to the bottom where it says privacy options to remove your name off of all call/mail lists. I think $50 is a great deal for the fastest and most reliable internet in the country. if you compare it to any other provider ,they can't come close to charter's speed for the price.