Coverage Area
Style and Design

I was a long time Time Warner customer with zero issues ever....and then I mistakenly decided to upgrade my service so Spectrum came out to change my box. 1st problem - cable guy didn't come with the right box so eh comes back 4 hours later, installs the box only to notice that the DVR recording feature is not working, so he gets another box out of his truck and switches them out.

All seems to be ok until a few hours later when the picture goes out and I get a "no signal" on the screen and the box says its rebooting. After a long phone call with Spectrum they tell me it must be the "hierarchy" of the order....ok, it starts working again.....a few hours later it happens again. On to my next hour long phone call where they tell me I still have Time Warner and Spectrum service and you can't have both.....clearly their fault, then they tell me they need to take the phone order off because I didn't' want phone service so that takes another 45 minutes. TV starts working.....and then the next day, same thing happens.

No signal and box is rebooting. I get another tech to come out 2 days later and he replaces the splitters inside and outside. He leaves and a few hours later same thing again, no signal and box says reboot. But the picture never comes back on.

Now I have a 3rd "high tier" tech come out 2 nights later and he spends 2 1/2 hours rewiring my entire apt, replacing all cords. He leaves and lo and behold, same thing happens again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I went from upgrading to having NO cable at all!!!!!!!

I wish I just stuck with my old Time Warner box when I had NO problems. I hate you SPECTRUM.

Review about: Charter Communications Tv Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: cable that works!.

Comments

Sturbridge, Massachusetts, United States #1338279

If the box is rebooting, probably the box is defective rather than a problem with signal. Although my region tends to have good technicians, I lately would just return box to the "charter" store rather than call and wait for service. Of course that depends on whether you have a store nearby..