Coverage Area
Style and Design

I have a new derogatory mark on my credit from this company. I need to know what it is for.

I havent had any accounts made. Or used spectrum in over a year.

Comments

Main Poster: If you had service over a year ago with Spectrum, it's more than likely you had a balance still remaining for either service charges or un-returned equipment. contact Spectrum and they can look into it for you instead of posting on pissed consumer where you have no way to get any sort of resolution.

Commenter: The techs don't have to check id to make sure you are the account holder upon install, because a lot of people have a friend or neighbor stay for their installs due to scheduling for work and such.

Your friend would have needed your social security number to even set up your services, so maybe make sure you aren't being too loose with that info. We at Charter have a fraud department where we can send out an identity theft packet to resolve issues like this.

Many people have had fake accounts put under their names. I have had services set up twice (years apart) under my name without my knowledge.

The first time was a (ex)friend of mine at the time who got charter under my name. The tech never even check her i.d. when came to set up. Second time charter couldn't even tell me what state the services got set up in let alone what kind of service!(Internet, cable, etc) Dispute the claim thru Credit Karma or Equifax!

They will remove the mark on your credit report. Also call charter and ask for a fraud packet to be mailed to you.