5.9K views

I have been waiting almost 6 months for my check . They said they would buyout my contract if I signed up.

I did and now I can't get anyone to tell me when or if I will get a refund. It is a scam and I think they lied to me. Very poor customer service in this matter. I have tried contacting them and I get the run around.

They asked me to fax additional information which I did.

A Jessica gave me her number to call her but her phone is always full and can't leave any information. I believe they really do not care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Charter Communications Bundle.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Charter Communications Cons: Very poor customer service, Lies of a promise.

Location: Tennessee, United States

Comments

#1967992

How about a class action suit against the company?

Residential Terms of Service / Contract Buyout Contract Buyout Eligibility and Redemption Details To qualify for Spectrum’s contract buyout program, customers must order and install a qualifying Triple Play or limited Double Play promotion (please note: offers not available in all areas). A copy of the final bill from a previous provider, with early termination fees clearly marked, and the completed 'Spectrum Contract Buyout Form' are required to qualify for the contact buyout program.

Upon receipt of the forms and verification of eligibility, a refund (of what you had to pay your previous provider for early termination) in the amount equal to the early termination fee charged by your previous provider on your final bill (not to exceed $500), will be mailed to your Spectrum service address.

Contract buyout forms must be received by Spectrum within 60 days of installation of the Spectrum Triple Play or two weeks from the date listed on the competitor's final bill statement, whichever is later. A copy of the contract buyout form can be found by visiting https://www.spectrum.com/mycheck.

I got mine pretty fast. You have to read the fine print on the form and do exactly what it says.

It has to be submitted by email with the supporting documents attached as a single pdf. You will get a cash card, not a check.

Hi this is Maria A Torres and I need to know were I send the contract buyout form. Thanks

I am dealing with the same issue!!!

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau,they usually respond right away.

You must download and submit form by email. Must submit final bill. They will not just issue refubd.

@Jesusita

Exactly! They give you no instructions!

And they also fail to tell you that they have to receive it prior to 60 days or they won't pay it! DID ANYONE GET THOSE INSTRUCTIONS?

NOT US AND NOW ITS ON OUR CREDIT! THEY WILL NOT PAY IT PERIOD

I have been waiting over year never got it I keep calling to the billing department they told me they can not do anything to help just keep waiting still waiting

Sorry for your experiences, but now you know. Unless it's a MUNI system, never trust a cable company.

Never trust cable telephone for reliability. Whenever possible, use someone else.

Wow thought I was the only one?? Go figure..ha..same issues everyone else is having so are we!!

Why even say we will pay up to 500 if you really don't mean it..but like every good condition you have to have a great line... and the 500 got me..only pro about spectrum is we bundle a package and did save...60-80 bucks...they did say 170 but it's more like 200 a month..jerks

I've been waiting since September. They say the ticket is opened but that's it.

They asked for a second copy of my old statement and sent it the same day. I received an email that said, "Congratulations, your whatever has been confirmed.

Allow 7 to 10 business days to receive check." Called 4 times now and I get nowhere. Must be a current customer to allow processing so you can't cancel service until then.

over 2 months BS COMPANY, SERVICE NOT THAT GOOD EITHER

And I had all services for two months for no other reason than to get that check.....scam

I have been waiting nearly 10 months and about to cancel for not receiving contract buyout check

Spectrum is not straightforward when it comes to buyout. They wont tell you that you actually need to subscribe to all their services (cable, phone, internet) in order to reimburse you.

We only switched from Fios to Spectrum internet, but when I asked for my buyout payment, I was told I actually needed to switch from my Directv to Spectrum cable. Sneaky sneaky!

@PissedConsumer1602921

We did purchase all 3 services required for this "buyout" and switched from Direct TV to spectrum.... ALL TERMS HAVE BEEN MEET ON OUR END INCLUDING (the form and final bill from direct tv) 11 1/2 months later and still no buy out check PLUS....

their "terms of service" state that we only got this price for 12 months.... Now the bill is going to double BUT...... THE BEST PART IS..... WEVE BEEN SENT TO COLLECTIONS FROM DIRECT TV FOR NOT FULFILLING OUT CONTRACT OR PAYING THE EARLY TERMINATION FEE!!

No Check, credit damage monthly, bill will be DOUBLE which was why we switched from Direct TV in the first place! I seriously think they are all one big company! I think its time to get some legal help.

I have worked on this situation that Spectrum OFFERED TO ME, IM SICK OF SUPPOSEDLY BEING A CUSTOMER, BUT DOING ALL THEIR WORK BABYSITTING A REFUND CHECK WE WERE PROMISED AND HAVING MY CREDIT RUINED BUT PAYING MY BILL EVERY MONTH ON TIME AS PER MY OBLIGATIONS I AGREEED TO! ANYBODY INN?

@Emre

It took more then the 60 days to get our final bill from direct TV! We can't control when it comes

Same thing happened to me as well I am so disappointed with this company ive called them at least 8 times this month and currently on hold now. Everyone I talk to tells me something different.

ive been told a check was issued then voided since I never received it then I was told another one was issued on a certain date then when I called back there was no notes of the first one ever going out. I'm sure receiving my bills from them though.

I think its a scam to get people to go with their services. I'm waiting for $500 as well.

I have the same problem with the buy out plan. Two different people told me that if I came back to Spectrum that they would pay my early termination fees from AT&T.

It has been since April and still no money. I also sent in two sets of papers!

Charter Communications Reviews